Sunday, April 18, 2010

April Fools Day 2010

A few April Fools events worthy of mention:


1)The "elementary school" called Grant in the morning and asked if he could be the substitute teacher for his class that day. It says a lot about Grant's opinion of himself that he agreed with no questions asked. I broke the news to him that it was a joke after he had already written out a schedule of what he was going to teach all day (I think he added a few extra recesses). He was a bit relieved, but also disappointed because I had told him that substitute teachers usually got paid. Funny thing- his teacher actually WAS absent!

2) Nina tricked Dave into believing that his new Droid cell phone had been delivered, when all it really was was a box with R2-D2 and C3-PO in it.

3) Grant got a lunch box full of baby food- including baby formula in his water bottle.

4) We had a crazy mixed up dinner- some of the menu included fried humming bird eggs, fried ostrich eggs, jello-ed drinks and cookies that looked a whole lot like fish sticks.



5 comments:

The Fifes said...

okay, that was the funniest thing i have heard all week long. Dustin and i were laughing so hard. I love grant. You guys are awesome.

Stina said...

HILARIOUS! Soudns like grant would have been a good teacher! What fun! You've inspired me to do more next year :-) how fun!
How'd you do the eggs???

Melissa Lyon said...

The little fried eggs were a bit of white candy melt and a yellow m&m, the big eggs were a peach half on some cool whip.

Laynie said...

Gosh.. It's so YOU family. Haha, I wish I can be there and join you to have fun on April 1st. Oh my goodness, those kids has grown so much--every TIME you posted the pictures. They looked so cute. I wanted to hug and kiss them long as they get tired of it. I can't believe the littlest girl looked so big! Miss you.

Heather said...

You always come up with the cleverest ideas! I want to come to your house next April 1st :)

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.