Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!




Pumpkins are all heavy with candy- check. Fingers, hair and clothes all sticky- check. Stomaches are feeling a bit sick-check check check. (Grant actually vomited after gorging on candy at our ward party last night) Looks like Halloween is taken care of for this year!


Grant made a great ninja- a natural poser. Nina was a lovely bride. (Don't ask me who it is that she wants to marry, I promised I would not tell.) Rachel saw Nina's costume and wanted to be a bride too, but I thought two brides were just too many. So we convinced Rachel to be a butterfly. Eventually her costume evolved from a butterfly to a fairy to a butterfly fairy princess, complete with magic wand. A costume is always better if you have a long stick to hit people with! Meg was just cute being herself.

Any one have any advice on how to get rid of the kids halloween candy fast?

5 comments:

The Fifes said...

eat it when they're not looking. ;)

Laynie said...

SO CUTE KIDS! Sighs, remember our times.. candies.. What can we do? Maybe say they only can have two or three for a day.. It gets less and less.. Or say need umm turkey needs candies so the turkey can be ready for us soon. Well, who knows.

Christa said...

Super cute kids in super cute costums. It looks like you guys had a great time, wish I could have been there.

Cindy said...

Oh, I love Rachel's costume. It was my favorite.

When the kids are asleep, sneak into their pumpkins and remove some of the choice pieces and save them for Christmas. I have actually done this several times. Hehehe. You have to do it on the first night though, and you have to be selective in what you take or they will notice that things are missing. Also I send candy as treats in lunch boxes for as long as I can get away with it.

Susan said...

I want to try this with my kids' candy...I saw it in Family Fun magazine...Science experiments...Dissolving, melting, crushing, burning, mixing and then throwing away.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.