Thursday, October 22, 2009

at the patch





We took our little pumpkins to the patch last weekend. Unfortunately they did not except trade-ins. When did pumpkins get so expensive? It would seem logical that buying pumpkins directly from the patch would be less expensive than getting them at the store, I mean, you cut out the middle man, right? Wrong. I guess we pay extra for that straight from the farm freshness. We even went out of our way to find a no frills pumpkin patch- no petting zoo, no hay rides, no corn mazes. Lets just add pumpkins to the list of all the other vegetables I buy for my kids that they don't eat.

3 comments:

Christa said...

I think you have to pay extra for the live experience and the ambiance. Looks like it was a nice blustery day and the kids had fun. what do mean about eating the the pumpkins? I always figured they were only to make jack-o-lanterns.

Cindy said...

Ha,ha,ha. Everyone knows that the closer you get to the source of your food, the more it costs. I'm glad you had a fun time.

The Fifes said...

that's too bad about costs... but good for you for getting out there. I bought some gourds at home depot... ;)

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.