Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thanks Kohler

When we bought our house in Oklahoma it came with a nice kitchen faucet. I'm not that into faucets myself but it was nice- brushed metal. It has two spray patterns and the end can be pulled out and has a hose that stays connected. Recently a little rubber covering over the spray pattern button came off and so I started looking online for tips on fixing it. One thing I found out is that this faucet costs about $800. Wow. So I really don't want to be broken. Because I will never be able to replace it.

A few days ago I called Kohler's number to see how to fix it, since I couldn't get it back in. They asked a few questions then told me they were Fedexing a new faucet head out to me. I asked how much that would cost and they happily said it has a lifetime warranty and that everything was done at no cost. Wow- I guess they factor in parts into the initial price. :)

So it came today and I was worried about putting it on since it has the hose and everything. And I am no plumber. But included was an extremely easy list of instructions that amount to: hold the hose to keep it from slipping away and unscrew the old head. Screw on the new one. All done.

Wow.

4 comments:

Christa said...

I guess some times it is true what they say that quality does have a price. I just wish I knew beforehand, when I am at store looking at an item, if the high price of it is reflective of it's good quality and great service or if it's just over priced.

Cindy said...

It's nice to get what you paid for--and even nicer to get what someone else paid for.

Laynie said...

Wow.. I have never knew about that.. Nice to know that what it can be worth of it.

The Fifes said...

Sweet!!! You know, if/when you ever move, you should take the faucet with you. Seriously.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.