Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Avatar Legos

For those of you who didn't know and missed it, Avatar: the Last Airbender is one of the best animated shows ever. We did not watch it on TV or anything. I think when I saw references to it I just ignored it and didn't give it another thought. Back when I bought anything on iTunes (coming up on a year), Avatar was one of the first 'kid' shows available. We got a few and they were fun. Then the video rental store down the street has free kids movies you can borrow and some were Avatar. I had no reason to say no and saw bits and snatches that made me realize that while it was a cartoon, it had a very developed storyline. There were silly things and lots of fun, but there was a real plot here with complex characters. Luckily, even Missy liked it! She will deny that of course. So we had fun watching it together as a family, all of us laughing and saying the intro voiceover with Katara. It was great. By the beginning of the third season on DVD we were all on the edge of our seats. We'd watch one and the kids would say 'just one more?' and we would cave. We got to the last DVD and couldn't find it to rent anywhere so we bought it. You should see it. Watch it in order.







Anyway, the other day Grant came up with some truly great Avatar figures he created out of Legos. They're awesome!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow! Great job Grant. We all like Avatar, too. Natalie likes to go to the Kataang fan sites and explore the ongoing saga of Katara and Aang and their fictional children.

Melissa Lyon said...

I offered to Grant that if he wants to be Aang for Halloween I will personally shave his head bald and paint on a blue arrow- but I guess he is not that much of a fan.

I had not heard of Kataang before. . . interesting.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.