Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Vacation

All last week we visited my (Dave's) parents in Lansing, Kansas and had a great time. My brothers Daniel and Joseph were there as well as my sister Mary. We swam, took the kids bowling for the first time, Missy and I saw Star Trek, had breakfast at Pullman Place and a lot of fun things around the house like piano lessons with Grammy. The big deal of course, was our adventure last Friday at Union Station in Kansas City.

Narnia the Exhibition

For some reason, no cameras of any kind are permitted(!) but if you want to get an idea of what was there visit http://narnia.unionstation.org and it shows you a video. It was neat to see some of the props and costumes up close.

But in addition to our tickets we got in free to Science City. Nothing short of Disneyland could be funner for kids. Seriously, seemingly endless fun with five adults trying to keep up with three children racing from area to area.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had a fun time. I wish I could have gone, too!

Dave Lyon said...

I just added a few more photos from a park we went to- dubbed Vomit Park for the motion-sickness all the play equipment seemed to be designed to enhance- and also take a look at the Youtube videos- our channel is now linked in the upper right of the blog.

The Fifes said...

I'm glad you had so much fun!!

Christa said...

It looks like you guys had a ball and Missy made me think that you were looking forward to a boring summer.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.