Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Bus

We had talked about it before but suddenly this morning I was gripped with anxiety. Today Grant was going to ride the bus to school. He's never been able to until first grade and we had just been driving him. But he wanted to ride the bus and it's sure more economical for us (even though school is about a two minute drive).

How can I let this little boy hop on a bus full of strangers? I wouldn't even know if he got there safely. Would he be alright? Would he get off at school or hide under the seat so he wouldn't have to go? Not as farfetched as you might think. But I chose not to share my fears. He looked out the window at me and gave a big grin. Freedom! :)

Later, when I asked if it went ok and if he got off at the right place he said that he didn't and the bus driver had to bring him back. We stiffened. Then Missy asked, "Are you making that up?" And Grant gave a grin and nodded.

0 comments:

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.