Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catch-up


I finally downloaded the pictures from my camera from the last few months, so here are a few random pics and brief explanations. I am having difficulty aligning the picture to it's caption, so you will just have to match them up yourself.

Nina and I made these mini-cupcakes for her Kindergarten class when I came to teach the Meet the Masters Art lesson on Goya. The kids drew self portraits of themselves and then got to have a Goya or Boya cupcake.

We celebrated Dave Day on Feb 28 this year. Rachel and Dave have the same birthday in June, and Dave does not like sharing, so he gets his own special day on a different day of the year. Mysterious finger prints kept appearing in this years Dave Day cake. (Rachel was the guilty one!)

My two little princesses and I went out on a Girls Movie Night to see the Princess and the Frog together. The movie was OK- but none of us were very impressed by it. Too much frog, not enough princess.

The grand finale of our Valentines Day celebration was a modified chocolate fondue dessert. Rachel got a dessert and a facial treatment all in one.
















6 comments:

Christa said...

Those cupcakes are adorable. Dave's cake looks yummy also, you could have another carrier in the confectioners business

Fife Photography said...

Happy Dave Day!! I am in love with those cupcakes!!

Heather said...

Missy, you are a cake and cupcake making master! I wish you lived closer so you could teach me all your tricks.

Stina said...

Looks soooo fun! Rachel sure seems to be into chocolate!

Roger said...

Missy, I thought your Boyas and Goyas really looked sweet and brought back memories of my little princess. By the way, did you get to wear a princess tiara too?

Cindy said...

I love your cupcakes, too. I wish I could eat one.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.