Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Grant is a Born Tycoon

I just finished a round of monopoly with Grant (does anyone ever finish a game of monopoly?) and we bagged up our stuff to continue a different day. Grant is a creative player. In the forty minutes we played

  • he tried to sell me a ride to any square between his railroads for $5
  • he tried to build a hotel on the free parking to make it 'Cost Parking'
  • he tried to pay the bank in advance for a property he wanted
  • and failing that, he tried to give me the money so that if I landed on it I would be contractually obligated to hand it over

I'm worried that this means he'll grow up to work for a health insurance firm. Hopefully he's just creative.

4 comments:

Laynie said...

sound scary.. he is barely eight years old!

judy said...

A real "Wheeler-Dealer" He sounds a lot like his Uncle John, always trying to adjust the game to succeed. If there's anything my kids have learned from me it's the competitive spirit. It sounds like Grant is definitely one of the family. Keep it up Grant and remember your old Grammy when you're rich.

grant said...

Thank you,thank you verrrry much!

Stina said...

Go Grant! In Taylor's family they do actually FINISH the game...they mortage property, sell it to each otehr and play until one person owns it all!!

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.