Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mother Goose is Loose Day

Kindergarten had their Mother Goose is Loose day last week, where the kids came dressed as a nursery rhyme character and prepared to recite their rhyme. Nina was very excited to be the Queen of Hearts. We even made some "tarts" out of salt clay that we baked, painted and then she carried them around on a tray as her prop. Rachel of course likes to do everything that Nina gets to do, so we had a homeschool version of Mother Goose Day and she became Little Bo Peep. Meg was a natural for Little Miss Muffet. And there was one rhyme that just suited me perfectly. . .







7 comments:

Roger said...

Where did you get that scary spider? I think it scared me more than it did Megan. Little Miss Megan Muffet didn't appear as frightened as Mother Goose would have us believe. What was Grant? I can imagine that he might have been sitting over in the corner eating his Christmas pie.

Cindy said...

I love the tarts, and the tail wagging and poor old mother Hubbard. Is Bo using a lightsaber as her crook? How fun.

Melissa Lyon said...

Poor Grant is at school when the girls and I have our fun. But when he was a kindergartner he was Little Boy Blue- didn't get video of that though.

Good eye Cindy- that was a PVC pipe lightsaber that Bo Peep was using.

Laynie said...

I had to ask Annie to interpret for me. Cute cute.. I love what you have done. Poor Grant..

Christa said...

That spider just about freaked me out. I hope it is not living in your house anymore when I come to visit next time.
Great job everyone, the tail shaking was a classic moment and the tarts look fabulous, so did the queen and Little Bo. Definalty '10' all around.

Heather said...

The tail wagging was my favorite part, but each little actress did a great job! How fun!

judy said...

Ummm, those tarts look delicious. You look like a beautiful queen, Nina.
Little Bo Peep was so cute too, with her cuddly little lamb.
But, Oh, that spider was so creepy. He looked like he was doing the "jitterbug."

It's a good thing The (young) woman in the shoe has a big strong son to help her.

You are such an amazing mother, Missy.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.