Monday, December 14, 2009

Nina gets a library card!


Nina got her very own library card this week! Our family tradition is that each child has to wait until they are old enough to read before they can get their own card. Lately Nina's reading has been improving by leaps and bounds. Some of the first books she checked out with her own card were Elephant Has a Bird on His Head, Green Eggs and Ham, and Go Dogs Go. I think she is even surprising herself at what she can read on her own when we find books that are at her level. As she is reading she will just stop and yell " I love reading!" or " I can read, I can read!" Today at the library I saw Nina with at least 25 Dr. Suess books in her basket, she did have to put most of them back, but her enthusiasm is great! Go, Nina, Go!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Congrats Nina, a library card is a passport to see the world and a ticket to great adventures.

Laynie said...

Woo Woo! Go Nina! Reading is FUN part to read! :D

Cindy said...

Hooray for Nina! Do you like the "Biscuit" books? We do.

grant said...

Well canpared to me she a mighit at reading.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.