Monday, December 14, 2009

Laundry Time

What do you do when you have got a busy morning, 10 loads of laundry waiting, and a baby that needs some attention?

Monday is my laundry day. After especially dirty weeks the washer and dryer will be humming from 7 am to 6 pm. I am VERY grateful for my washer and dryer. If I had to wash our clothes by hand my children would just be wearing dirty pillow cases most of the time. However, washing and drying is just part of the job. The clothes never seem to sort themselves and jump into the drawers on their own. (You are right- I forgot to mention fold and iron- I stopped caring about folding and ironing right after Grant was born) When Grant becomes that inventor that he wants to be when he grows up I'll commission him to invent a sort-and-folderator. In the mean time, hopefully my own kids will be able to help me with the job soon.
As you can see, I'm starting training Meg while she is still young. I think I waited too long with the older kids, I must have missed their impressionable laundry development months. I'm hoping with a few more months of intensive training I can leave all the laundry to her.

6 comments:

Christa said...

Oooooh, Meg is so cute. I can see that she was a great help and she had a good attitude about it also, attitude is the most important ingredient to a successful laundry day.

The Fifes said...

LOVE it. You have such a fun writing voice, missy!

Laynie said...

Meg is very patience. Smarty move.. Good job, Meg.. :D

Cindy said...

Oh, what a cute little Meggie.

I would like to point out that the pile of laundry to fold actually decreases if you leave it sitting on the floor long enough. How many other household jobs do that?

grant said...

Are you crazy! you have to have 99999$ tomake me make any thing!

Taylor and Stina Cline said...

HILLARIOUS! I need to train Alvin!! What other early training methods would you suggest :-)

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.