Sunday, November 22, 2009

My ''half'' thumb

A very sad thing happened . I cut my thumb with a can of referred beans. AND IT SLICED HALF MY THUMB OFF! I screamed 'I HATE BLOOD!! They held on to my thumb tight , it was still stinging. when they took it off I screamed again ! for it was terrible ! about at 8:00 they said I should go to the hospital ops, I turned that white so just put that,

oh never mind it's hospital so anyway I said ''what!'' mom said'' at the very least you'll get stitches'' ''I'm
still not coming '' ''You'll get ice cream'' ''I'm coming!,I'm coming! '' s o we went and the doc said You'll get stitches. for the second time I said W H A T ! so I got 6 shots and 4 stitches. I will never forget this moment off pain.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Natalie cut her finger on a can of soup several months ago and she still has a lump and a scar. She didn't have to have stitches, though.

I hope your thumb feels better soon.

Melissa Lyon said...

I will never forget your moment of pain either Grant.

Maybe Santa will bring you one of those electric can openers that don't cut sharp edges. How exciting for you!

Laynie said...

Oh no! I cut my finger myself when I opened a cat food can. I understand your pain. I'm sorry what happened to you, Grant. You're brave when you get your stitches. I still remember on that day *one of sisters* pushed me and I fell and hit brick (fireplace) on my forehead. I remember I was screaming because pain and blood. I do not like blood. Dad gave me shots and stitches at home on my parents bed. I ended up looked like a face with happy/sad face. You know famous picture from primary? That's me.

I hope you feel better by now.

The Fifes said...

Oh no, grant! I hope you can still eat yummy food this week when we come! If it's too hard, i'll help you. :)

Mary Lyon said...

GRAMPS, GRAMMY, JOE AND MARY all know that pain. We really wish you hadn't had it, but we're glad you got help right away. If you don't find a can opener under the tree on Christmas, you can open all of your cans when you visit our house.
Love from all of us.

Christa said...

So sorry to hear about your sore thumb, but you were very brave and endured it well. Did you get blood all over the refired beans?

Christa said...

Did you think of painting a happy face on your finger like Gramma did to my finger. Remember the picture of my finger I put on the web? I am still wearing a bandaid on my finger and that happened over a month ago. I also have developed an irritating scar under my chin where I got bit by that witch in the mental hospital. The more I think about it, I have a lot of juicy stories I could tell you, but I better not. Maybe we can get Tim to show you the scar on his finger. (By the way, this is Grampa on Gramma's computer).

Tim said...

i give this story two thumbs up

Tim said...

or maybe just one and a half thumbs

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.