Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dad and Grant's Walk-a-thon Outing

Every month I try to take the kids out and do something special with each one, one on one. Last month, Grant and I's outing was to explore the area around Lake Hefner, a huge, local man-made lake to the northwest of Oklahoma City. There's all kinds of boating on the lake, a scale lighthouse, etc. And a walking, running, biking path around the whole lake. We just went on part of it- Missy dropped us off and we started down the trail intending to meet up with her and the kids at a playground a little ways a way.

We walked forever and saw some neat things. We fed the ducks, went on a kind of fishing dock floating in the middle of an inlet, and had lots of fun being together. I think we walked about three kilometers. As we neared the end, Grant broke into a run so I of course had to too.



I had lots of fun and can't wait for this month's outing- we're going to learn about electricity. I'll let Grant tell how it goes.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hmmm, will you be hanging Christmas lights?

The Fifes said...

that's awesome. way to be a great dad.

grant said...

I still get tired just thingking of it.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.