Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a Week

Missy was pretty sick starting Tuesday which was our first 'ice day'. School was closed Tues, Wed, Thurs, because of the inch of ice on everything. People here just seemed to stay in their houses. The news said something about trucks with salt, etc., but I don't think those two trucks get to most of the city. :)

I remember the handful of snow days when I was in school as marvelous. Now I'm a parent facing the brutality of the school's decision to leave them home with us. It's a whole different point of view.

Anyway, Missy was sick and I tried to keep things running. Wednesday when I was fixing Rachel's dresser I must have strained my back because it hasn't been the same since. Thursday I developed a bad fever and headache which continued through Saturday morning.

Now the kids are displaying a few flu symptoms hinting that our wild ride isn't over.

3 comments:

Christa said...

I am so sorry you guys are all sick and suffering. I guess being cooped up with other sick people 24/7 takes it's toll.
A family that "sicks" together, stick together, or something like that.
We send you lots of love and get well hugs.

Cindy said...

Oh, you poor parents! One snow day is a nice treat, anymore than one becomes torture, especially when everything else is closed as well.

Roger said...

Even though when you were kids we had a lot of "foggy day Schedules," I do not think that I have ever experienced a day in my life when school was cancelled. The clossest thing to it that I ever experienced was when we got to go home early because the president was assassinated.

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.