Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tall Tales

As we were eating dinner, Missy started telling the kids about how before we had kids, when I was a humble toymaker, we went to the toy store and bought a little Lego boy who we loved and then the Blue Fairy came and brought him to life, and although he had trouble with lying, eventually he became a real boy and that's Grant. And then we so wanted a daughter and a fairy brought us a little girl no bigger than a thumb, our little Ninalina. But she was kidnapped by a toad and almost married a mole and barely made it back to us. After eating lots of vegetables, she grew big and strong.

By this time, Grant is saying- "Hey that's Pinnochio! Hey that's Thumbelina!" and then I told about how Rachel got lost in France and helped a boy cook exotic foods while hiding in his hat and Nina said "That's Ratatouille!"

Then Missy said, "But wait till you hear about how I met Daddy. My father was making a house call and got lost in a forest. He came across an impressive castle but was imprisoned by a beast. I went to save my father and took his place as the Beast's prisoner. Slowly though, we fell in love."

And I concluded, "I was about to die, but she kissed me just in time and I turned back into a human."

And Nina shouted out- "Hey, that's the frog prince!"

Then we had to explain that Disney did not come up with most stories they do movies which was a little confusing to them but I think we got it across. One thing I do like about Pixar- original stories.

1 comments:

sinatrastyle said...

I think it'd be cool if many of us wrote some cool stories or at least thought about maybe some original stories, like we did when we wrote different stories about the christmas story point of views. Maybe we could have a family story book
loves

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.