Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Would Vote for Him

Because I love his website. I know. It's a horrible criteria to use, but his site looks really nice and I love his opening jab at his opponent. Of course I neither live in Salt Lake County nor do I know what he stands for, but as the clerk for the county I would (I think rightly) be most concerned with what he says on the main page- he gets the information together and to who needs it as quickly as possible.

Take a look.

I also agree on the term limits angle. I think people that spend that long in public office (20 years) completely lose touch with the people. I'm to the point that I think I would just vote against any incumbent. Think of the money and time that would be saved if you could only serve for one term in any position. For those that say that the representatives would never have the right contacts to get their constituents anything, I say that you don't understand the way our government is supposed to work.

5 comments:

Christa said...

I sure agree with your sentiments but have no idea who you are talking about.

Dave Lyon said...

Follow the link entitled 'Take a Look' to visit his site- it's someone named Jeremy Votaw running for Salt Lake County Clerk.

Stina said...

I LOVE the quip about the phot from 20 years ago!! HILARIOUS!

Christa said...

Oops, I sure showed my age by not following the link in the first place.
Loved the website too, I think how somebody puts a website together says a lot about them. It can be a very individual and personal statement. I am with you o term limits also.

Mary Lyon said...

So, my website has a picture taken 17 years ago. Hmmm. Maybe I'd better think long and hard.

Mom (using mary's log in)

2007-2009, Dave and Melissa Lyon. All rights reserved.